Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween... Eli's Birthday Dinner

Argggg, Mate!

We have been celebrating Eli's birthday all week. He turned 3 today and this year has been so exciting now that he can grasp the concept of birthdays and all the festivities that go with it. I wanted to do something special ON his actual birthday so while I was at work today, I had a genius last-minute plan to whip up some Pinterest Halloween treats tonight. I made a list and scurried all around the store. We decided on mummy dogs, Jack-o-lantern cheese, & dirt cups. It dawned on me about the time the mummy dogs finished cooking, that I hadn't planned any side dishes. I diced up some strawberries too and called all that dinner.

Here is where the festivities began with cheesy jack-o-lanterns:

Ta-da!


We took a break to play with one of the birthday presents for a bit:

Jack-O-Lantern Cheese & Mummy Dogs:

The dirt cups were a pretty big hit!

Any of these would be such a fun treat if you have time this Halloween weekend. I am also hoping to squeeze in making some Boo-Nana Pops too.

No comments: